100% Fee reduction
Ara is committed to training the next generation of workers in the hairdressing industry. As part of this commitment, Ara will be awarding two scholarships to pay for one year of full time study needed to complete the Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support).
This programme has been designed to provide a broad introduction to hairdressing, and a foundation to build upon with further study.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the Certificate in Hairdressing (Level 3)
- Be under 21 years of age on 1 January in the year of the scholarship
- Intending to be a full time student within this programme
- Be enrolling into your first full time programme at any tertiary education institute (except for undertaking entry level preparation)
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Hospitality and Service Industries staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
Late applications may be considered.