Year 1 - 33%
9 Jan 2017
Ara will be awarding one scholarship to pay a substantial proportion of the tuition fees for the three years of full time study needed to complete our Bachelor of Medical Imaging.
The Bachelor of Medical Imaging will enable you to register with the Medical Radiation Technologist Board (MRTB), this enables you to practise as a medical imaging technologist in public or private hospitals and healthcare facilities where you'll use the latest technologies to help diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries. Clinical placements allow students to experience, and refine their skills, in industry.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the Bachelor of Medical Imaging
- Be of Māori or Pasifika descent.
- Intending to be a full time student within this programme
- 2017 will be your first year of study in this programme
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Applied Science and Allied Health staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: email@example.com
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you. One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
The continuation of your scholarship is determined by your satisfactory progress at the end of each academic year (in general you must perform at a satisfactory level throughout the programme, enabling completion of the degree within three years).
Late applications may be considered.