Year 1 - 33%
Ara is committed to the training of Maori & Pasifika students for careers in Information Technology. As part of this commitment, Ara will be awarding two scholarships to pay a substantial proportion of the tuition fees for the three years of full time study needed to complete our Bachelor of Information and Communication Technologies degree.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the Bachelor of ICT
- Be of Māori or Pasifika descent
- Intending to be a full time student within the Bachelor of ICT
- Be enrolling into your first full time programme at any tertiary education institute (except for undertaking entry level preparation courses e.g. Certificate in ICT or first semester of Diploma in ICT at Ara)
- You will be starting your study in this programme in July 2016.
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form and returning it to the Student Support Office, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you. One should be from your workplace or industry who can attest to your relevant experience and one from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member. Finally, you will need to provide a verified copy of your NCEA Year 12 and 13 school results.
The continuation of the scholarship is determined at the end of each year and is based on the student making satisfactory progress which will see them be able to complete the degree within three years.