Up to $2,500 reduction in Year 1 course fees
Early bird: Monday 3 Dec 2018
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
If you are likely to face financial difficulty during your studies due to a disability, hardship or relocating, these scholarships are available to make tertiary study more accessible for you.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Meet (or intend to meet) the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Study a programme which is eligible for this scholarship (see below) either full time or part time
- Have a learning or physical disability, be experiencing financial hardship, or be relocating more than 100kms to attend Ara.
- Be applying to Ara for a new programme of study.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you started your current programme in (or before) 2018 and are returning to your second or third year.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any Level 3 or above programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Financial hardship
- Learning or physical disability
- Relocating more than 100kms to attend Ara
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.
The scholarships are available to any student enrolling in their first year of study with Ara, and to support foundation learners who want to progress into higher levels of study.