Year 1 - 100% fee reduction
Ara is committed committed to the training of New Zealanders for careers in the beauty industry. As part of this commitment we are awarding this scholarship for a student of Māori or Pasifika descent who has completed a Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4.
Become a leader in beauty therapy. Expand your skills and specialisations, prepare yourself for more senior beauty therapy roles and gain an internationally recognised qualification.
This programme takes your skills in beauty therapy to the next level, and advances your skills in skin care and body treatments.
Location: South Canterbury
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.\
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Be of Maori or Pasifika descent
- Intending to be a full time student within the Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Completed a Certificate in Beauty Therapy Level 4
- You may be required to attend an interview with Department of Hospitality and Service Industries staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to the Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.