Preview Email Content
To equip students with the trigonometry and graphing skills which they may require for their main field of study, e.g. science, engineering.
- Solve equations and rearrange formulae.
- Carry out metric conversions.
- Understand the meaning of errors in measurement and give answers to an appropriate level of accuracy.
- Sketch graphs and suggest equations for commonly used relationships.
- Determine mathematical relationships for experimental data (including linear, powers and exponential relationships).
- Use Pythagoras' Theorem and trigonometry to calculate sides and angles of triangles.
- Convert between radians and degrees.
- Understand the relationship between indices and logarithms and use these to solve simple indicial and logarithmic equations.