Preview Email Content
This course aims to train students to recognise hazards and safely use the manual metal arc welding (MMAW) process to join steel to meet a general purpose industry standard.
- Identify potential hazards prior to welding.
- Prepare MMAW equipment for welding.
- Describe the properties of materials used.
- Join steel with the MMAW process.
- Control the quality of the completed weld.
- Recognise the source and nature of welding and cutting hazards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
- Avoid welding hazards with safe work practice