To enable Registered Nurses to further develop their knowledge, attitudes and skills in Youth Health.
- apply knowledge of the biopsychosocial influences on the development of young people in contemporary New Zealand society.
- identify issues commonly seen in a primary health care setting, that impact on the health of young people.
- Analyse the scope of nursing practice in relation to youth health assessment, care planning management and evaluation in a primary health care setting.
- evaluate the use of HEEADSSS assessment which identifies the key determinants of youth specific physical, mental and cultural well-being.
- identify factors which influence the development, maintenance and conclusions of therapeutic relationships.
- utilise tools for engagement, building resilience and promoting positive lifestyle changes in young people.
- Identify resources and youth agencies that will provide information for the individual and caregivers regarding specific health issues.