To develop a comprehensive understanding of modern maintenance management practices, strategies, and measures, and their links to maintenance performance, and to be able to develop a valid maintenance improvement plan.
- Describe modern maintenance philosophies and their alignment with maintenance business goals
- Describe maintenance strategies and their selection
- Distinguish between, and select appropriate maintenance methodologies
- Relate the need for well developed planning and scheduling as part of the overall maintenance function
- Justify maintenance improvements
- Develop a maintenance improvement strategy or plan