To gain and enhance the skills necessary to be a competent role model for an intermediate client group. To be able to provide leadership with intermediate groups in a sea and lake environments. To interpret the cultural and environment associated with sea kayaking in Aotearoa NZ.
- Perform efficient paddling which would create suitable visual images for an intermediate paddler to learn from.
- Demonstrate self and group rescue techniques in personal sea kayaking and guiding sea kayaking.
- Analyse the components of safe, efficient paddling techniques to enhance personal competence.
- Develop sea kayak guiding skills and knowledge.
- Evaluate sea kayak incidents and injuries and determine effective course of action for prevention and the crisis management.
- Analyse the conflicting ethical, cultural, environmental and resource factors relating to sea kayaking and sea kayaking instruction.
- Research the cultural and environmental attributes of an area and enhance the knowledge of others through environmental interpretation.
- Examine and demonstrate attitudes, motivation, self-discipline, and organisational ability required of trainee professional outdoor guide.