To synthesise ethical and philososphyical underpinnings of sustainability / environmental education and outdoor education to define personal values, beliefs and philosophies, which influence ethical behaviour in the outdoors.
- Evaluate a range of ethical frameworks for decision making in the outdoors and relate these to current practice.
- Analyse and debate issues of ethics and social responsibility in sustainability and outdoor education.
- Investigate the historical development of philosophical thought with particular reference to experiential education philosophies and environmental ethics.
- Evaluate the major themes of philosophers who have had an impact on outdoor education and environmental education.
- Critically analyse a self-determined personal philosophical statement relating to outdoor practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage in philosophical “dialogue”.