To analyse contribution made by outdoor activities to health and fitness. To gain the diagnostic skills to support fitness coaching, and healthy participation in outdoor activities by others in your care.
- Examine the physiological and psychological principles of exercise fitness, energy metabolism and homeostasis and apply to training and participation in an adventure challenge event.
- Illustrate the role of selected body systems in a range of populations in relation to exercise in the outdoors.
- Distinguish the role of selected body systems in relation to injury recognition, illness and treatment / prevention in the outdoors.
- Explore the role of psychological principles and social factors in the maintenance and enhancement of hauora through the outdoors.
- Analyse the principles of motor skills acquisition in relation to coaching.
- Demonstrate the competencies within the Pre Hospital Emergency Care course or equivalent.