To develop ecological knowledge of the natural environment of Aotearoa. To incorporate ecological knowledge and interpretation strategies into outdoor education and recreation experiences.
- Investigate the ecology of an area in Aotearoa NZ and relate the information to others
- Integrate scientific, cultural, and environmental knowledge into outdoor learning experiences
- Record observations and critically reflect on them
- Organise and complete an extended journey integrating concepts of scientific learning, safety management, and environmental interpretation
- Select and interpret scientific and environmental readings from differing philosophical perspectives
- Synthesise and evaluate arguments relating to human nature relationships