To examine foundational principles of outdoor education in relation to health, well being, personal development and social factors.
- Identify the foundations of physiological systems and energy metabolism and apply these to exercise in the outdoors through the monitoring of an outdoor fitness programme.
- Describe and apply the concepts of nutrition for health and exercise.
- Interpret the response of the body to a range of environmental conditions.
- Discuss psychological factors affecting participation, training and performance in outdoor activities.
- Explain the principles of motor skills acquisition in relation to personal learning.
- Review the role of exercise in outdoor activities in relation to current health issues and the concept of Hauora.
- Explore the use of land and water environments for health and wellbeing.