To enable Registered Nurses to develop further their knowledge and practice in the management of wounds.
- critically evaluate literature, research and/or evidence concerning best practice on wound management.
- critically evaluate wound management practices.
- utilise advanced knowledge in determining appropriate wound management strategies.
- identify and use nursing and other theoretical frameworks appropriately in the context of specific clients and their educational needs.
- apply strategies to deal with resource constraints and change.
- apply knowledge of the difference in aetiology and management of acute and chronic wounds.