To enable Registered Nurses to further develop their knowledge and practice in wound assessment.
- use research on assessment as a basis for practice.
- use evidence based practice to inform nursing practice on wound assessment.
- apply knowledge of how the normal physiology of the skin is impacted upon by changes that are related to biological, physiological and socio-cultural influences.
- understand how the process of wound assessment impacts on wound management.
- use advanced knowledge and skill in undertaking wound care assessments.
- critically evaluate wound assessment practices.
- reflect on nursing practice and explore this in relation to ethical, cultural and sociopolitical influences.