To enable registered Nurses to further develop the knowledge and skills related to effective practice in the assessment and management of cardiovascular risk.
- analyse the role and scope of nursing practice in relation to risk assessment and health promotion.
- examine the pathophysiology and epidemiology of cardiovascular disease.
- analyse common health alterations occurring as a result of cardiovascular disease.
- identify and discuss risk factors and their influence on the development of cardiovascular disease.
- discuss the concepts of 'health', 'wellness' and 'empowerment' and analyse factors that may influence the person's perception of such.
- identify potential barriers to patient education, health promotion and lifestyle change.
- review and critique best practice guidelines for the assessment and management of cardiovascular risk.