To enable Registered Nurses involved in the support of older people and their families with the opportunity to reflect on the professional and nursing issues related to supporting the older person in the community, hospital or rest home situation.
- understand professional practice issues related to the care of the older person within different workplace settings.
- utilise a gerontological nursing philosophy of care.
- meets the New Zealand Nursing Council's requirements for Registered Nurses within their scope of practice.
- meet NZNC practice standards and other relevant legislative requirements in respect of professional and ethical behaviour.
- apply principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi to nursing practice.
- monitor and evaluate the provision and delegation of care by nurse assistants, enrolled nurses and others.