To enable registered Nurses to further develop existing knowledge and skill related to basic ECG analysis in order to analyse advanced electrophysiology.
- undertake an electrocardiogram analysis including: interpretation of waves, intervals and segments, calculation of rhythm, rate, and the principal measurement, identification of normal sinus rhythm and alterations to normal sinus rhythm.
- interpret atrial arrhythmias and differentiate between atrial, nodal and ventricular arrhythmias
- identify and interpret Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- interpret ventricular arrhythmias and differentiate between ventricular tachycardia and atrial tachycardias with aberration
- identify pacing rhythms including atrial, ventricular and AV sequential pacing
- discuss the indications for temporary and long-term pacing with peers
- interpret acute ischaemic changes on a 12 lead ECG
- identify right ventricular infarction on a 12 lead ECG
- interpret and differentiate between right ventricular hypertrophy and left ventricular hypertrophy
- identify right and left bundle branch blocks
- identify first degree, second degree, third degree and AV block
- understand the implications of rhythm disturbance on cardiac function and the individual.
- identify common pathologies that cause alterations in electrophysiology.