To enable registered nurses to further develop the knowledge and skills related to cardiac rehabilitation in the acute and community setting.
- analyse the role and scope of nursing practice in cardiac rehabilitation
- identify and discuss risk factors and their influence on the development of heart disease
- review and critique best practice guidelines for cardiac rehabilitation
- implement an appropriate, individualised plan to address patient education, rehabilitation and health promotion needs
- identify potential barriers to patient education, rehabilitation and lifestyle changes
- apply knowledge of actual and potential implications of 'living with heart disease' and the role of the nurse in acute and community focused rehabilitation.