To enable students to utilise knowledge and skills to provide safe and effective nursing practice for people with altered physical health, throughout the lifespan.
- demonstrate safe and effective nursing practice of people with altered physical health in acute, chronic and rehabilitation phases.
- demonstrate collaborative practice with people with altered physical health (including Maori), their family, whanau and the multidisciplinary team.
- demonstrate competency in the application of nursing knowledge and skills.
- demonstrate the application of health assessment knowledge and skills.
- demonstrate application of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi in health.
- critically reflect on and explore contemporary nursing practice within the clinical environment.