To enable students to apply nursing knowledge and skills in a culturally safe manner with people who experience altered mental health or addiction.
- apply the principles of recovery.
- demonstrate the ability to develop, maintain and terminate a therapeutic relationship.
- demonstrate collaborative practice with people (including Maori), their family or whanau and the multidisciplinary team.
- demonstrate application of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi within mental health.
- demonstrate the ability to assess and provide safe and effective nursing practice with people with altered mental health or addiction in acute, chronic and rehabilitation phases.
- demonstrate reflection on his or her practice.