100% off fees
Open until all scholarships awarded
Our Women in Trades Scholarships is aimed at giving women the opportunity to help rebuild Canterbury by providing them with the skills and the knowledge to start a career in the trades industry.
There is increasing demand for more workers following Canterbury's earthquakes, particularly in construction. Better utilising women in Canterbury's recovery will mean business, Canterbury's economy, women and their families all benefit.
Terms and Conditions
Women in Trades Scholarship
If you meet the scholarship criteria, Ara will cover your tuition fees only. You will still be required to pay course related costs.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions:
- You must be a woman
- You must be applying for a Level 1-4 Trades programme at Ara (Find out more about our Trades Programmes.)
- You must be a New Zealand citizen/resident
- Intend to meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Be available to attend a 2 day induction before your programme of study starts
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you started your current programme in (or before) 2018 and are returning to your second or third year.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- How this scholarship will help and how you intend to contribute to the trade industry.
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org