The School Shorts Screen Festival showcases the best film-making talents of Canterbury secondary school students.
If you’d like to enter, here’s what you need to know:
- You can choose any genre, from drama to documentary, music video to TV commercial or movie trailer
- Your entry must be no longer than 7 minutes, including the credits
- The emphasis is on the story, rather than on technical elements but quality production is encouraged
- You need to submit your entry via your teacher using the School Shorts Entry Form (PDF0.1MB)
- Entries close 24 October
- The judges will decide the finalists
- The finalists will be screened at the School Shorts Festival screening on the evening of Monday 6 November at Hoyts Riccarton
- Prizes will be awarded in a number of craft categories and there will be a Supreme Winner announced on the night
- The event’s primary sponsor is the New Zealand Broadcasting School at Ara Institute of Canterbury
For further information, talk to your teacher.
Entry to the screening and prize giving will be by invitation. Tickets will be allocated to each school based on the number of entries selected to be screened. There will also be additional tickets available to request.