The purpose of the Ara Hardship Fund Grant is to assist enrolled students who face unexpected financial hardship, so that they are able to continue their current course of study. The fund provides last resort assistance to students.
- Be NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Be currently enrolled
- Have an acceptable attendance record
- Have exhausted all other avenues of financial assistance - eg. StudyLink, WINZ, savings, overdraft, Living Allowance, family etc. (Documentation may be asked for)
- Have attended their course for 5 weeks or more
Complete the Ara Hardship Fund Application Form (PDF : 60KB)
- Grants will normally be approved to assist students to meet expenses where it is essential to enable a student to continue their course.
- Grants will not be available to assist with the payment of court fines, hire purchase or any debts accumulated by the applicant prior to enrolling at Ara this year, or to purchase cars or other assets.
- Rental bonds will not be considered.
- For successful applications, money is paid directly to the creditor. No money is paid directly to the student.
- Proof of the debt must be provided.
- Ara Hardship Fund Grants are not available during holidays or within 7 days of the course end date.
- No student has an automatic right of entitlement to assistance from the fund and we reserve the right to decline an application.
- Variable to a maximum of $400.00
Student Support Office
Phone: 940 8238