Computer suites and group study rooms are available at our Christchurch City, Manawa and Timaru campuses during library opening hours.
City campus: located on the ground floor in the library in the Rakaia Centre.
- L122 The Gateway - 12 computers
- L130 The Pod - 39 computers, 1 printer/copier/scanner and 1 flatbed scanner (24 hours access)
- L131 - 16 computers
Timaru campus: located in the library
- TA218 - 6 computers
Group study rooms
These rooms can be booked for:
- groups of 2 or more
- up to 2 weeks in advance
- a maximum of 1 hour per day per group member. i.e. each group member can book once so 2 group members could book 2 hours and 3 group members could book 3 hours.
City campus: Group study rooms are located on level 2 of the library
- L209 Rakahuri (Ashley) - capacity 6
- L210 Waiau - capacity 8
- L211 Waikirikiri (Selwyn) - capacity 6
- L213 Ōtākaro (Avon) - capacity 4
- L214 Ōpāwaho (Heathcote) - capacity 4
- L220 Hurunui - capacity 4
- L225 Waitaki - capacity 8 - has big screen and computer access.
- L226 Rangitata - capacity 8 - has big screen and computer access.
Manawa campus: Group study rooms are located on the ground floor in the Learning Commons.
- HPG16A - capacity 4
- HPG16B - capacity 4
- HPG16C - capacity 4 - has computer access.
Timaru campus: Group study rooms are located in the library
- TA217 - capacity 4
- TA219 - capacity 4
Most rooms are equipped with whiteboards. Whiteboard markers and laptops can be borrowed at the library service desk.
Booking a group study room
You can book a group study room by: