Study spaces and computer facilities are available throughout our City campus library and are available during library opening hours.
Quiet study areas are located on level 2 of the library and in the Waimakariri (L215) room near the elevators.
Computer suites are located on level 1 of the library at our City campus.
- L122 The Gateway - 12 computers
- L130 The Pod - 39 computers and 1 scanner (24 hours access)
- L131 16 computers
Group study rooms
These rooms can be booked for:
- groups of 2 or more
- up to 3 weeks in advance
- a maximum of 2 hours per day per group
- a maximum of three bookings per week per group (= 6 hours per week)
Group study rooms are located on level 2 of the library:
- L209 Rakahuri (Ashley River) - capacity 6
- L210 Waiau - capacity 8
- L211 Waikirikiri (Selwyn River)- capacity 6
- L220 Hurunui - capacity 4
- L225 Waitaki - capacity 8 - has big screen and computer access.
- L226 Rangitata - capacity 8 - has big screen and computer access.
All rooms are equipped with whiteboards. Whiteboard markers and laptops can be borrowed at the library service desk.
The Waitaki and Rangitata rooms have big screens with computer access. Follow the instructions on the wall beside the big screens to log in.
Booking a group study room
You can book a group study room by: