Access quality information to support your assignments throughout your studies using resources in the Library.
Find ebooks, books, journals, CDs and DVDs
Click the Library link from your Campus Life page and enter your search terms in the box under Books and more to find ebooks, books, DVDs or CDs. Search by keyword, book title or author.
- finding books, DVDs and CDs or
- finding and using an eBook (Proquest Ebook Central)
- accessing Safari books online
Find encyclopedias and dictionaries
- New Zealand. Ministry for Culture Heritage. (2016). Te Ara the Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- Gale, Cengage Learning (2016) Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford University Press (2016) Oxford English Dictionary
- Moorfield, J.C (2016) Te Aka Māori-English English-Māori Dictionary
Recommended websites by subject
Our Subject Guides have a selection of recommended websites on your topic. These websites have been selected by the library as good, reliable sources of information and is a great place to start your online research.
Recommended databases by subject
Databases are searchable collections of journal articles and can also include reference material, conference papers, newspapers, reports and other publications. They are a great source of peer reviewed journal articles.
Go to our Subject Guides for a selection of recommended databases on your topic.
Here is our guide to finding articles in a database.
Information skills - a guided pathway
Use our Information skills guided pathway to help you learn to use the Library search box, library databases and Google effectively, to find academic quality resources for your assignments.