Access quality information to support your assignments throughout your studies using resources in the Library.
Find ebooks, books, journals, CDs and DVDs
Watch this 3 minute video to learn how to access library resources using Primo Library Search.
More videos on accessing library resources :
- How to request an item
- How to find an article in my recommended reading list
- How to access ebooks [Proquest]
- How to access ebooks [Safari]
Find encyclopedias and dictionaries
- New Zealand. Ministry for Culture Heritage. (2016). Te Ara the Encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- Gale, Cengage Learning (2016) Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford University Press (2016) Oxford English Dictionary
- Moorfield, J.C (2016) Te Aka Māori-English English-Māori Dictionary
Recommended databases by subject
Databases are searchable collections of journal articles and can also include reference material, conference papers, newspapers, reports and other publications. They are a great source of peer reviewed journal articles.
Go to our Subject Guides for a selection of recommended databases on your topic.
Here is a 5 minute video on finding articles in Ara databases.
Information skills - a guided pathway
Use our Information skills guided pathway to help you learn to use Primo Library Search, library databases and Google effectively, to find academic quality resources for your assignments.