Learning Services is a free service that offers learning and study advice to current students.
We focus on supporting students to manage their own study, and to develop the academic skills they require to complete their coursework successfully.
City Campus, Christchurch
Learning Services is located on the ground floor in the Library.
- drop-in 20 minute consultations*
- learning skills and academic writing support
- Maths support - phone (03) 940 8089 to book an appointment during opening hours.
- Various online resources on Study skills, Writing skills, Referencing and Assessment Tasks
- Lunchtime seminars
- A Moodle page for academic skills support
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) weekly study groups
- Group study rooms
* Learning Services provides a responsive and timely drop-in service offering 20 minute consultations that address specific academic issues and questions. No appointment is necessary.
Specific Drop in times are:
- Monday to Friday, 10am - 1pm and 3 - 5 pm.
- Saturday, 10am - 1 pm (during term time).
Please note: We do not provide a proofreading service or edit or correct your work. Instead, we can help you learn strategies for editing and proofreading your own work.
Woolston Campus, Christchurch
Learning Services is located in the Student Services Building.
Make an appointment for maths or learning support at Learning Services in the Student Services Building or phone (03) 940 8089 during opening hours.
Learning Services is located in the Student Central area.
The Study Hub is in the Library.
Specific Drop-in times are:
- Monday to Thursday 12-1 pm and 3-4 pm