The Research Office provides advice and support to staff undertaking research and manages many research activities at Ara, often in conjunction with the Academic Board's research committee (Research and Knowledge Transfer Committee (RKTC)). It supplies information to researchers about external funding opportunities and maintains links with many of these bodies and other research organisations.
Research Office staff are the Manager of Research (Dr. Margaret Leonard) and the Research Co-ordinator (EJ Sinclair). The Academic Director (Sheila McBreen-Kerr) has overall oversight of research at Ara.
The Manager of Research and Knowledge Transfer primarily manages external aspects of research, such as:
- Assisting staff with writing external grant applications and authorising submissions.
- Managing Ara's involvement with the PBRF.
- Providing advice on designing research, writing journal articles, funding sources.
The Research Co-ordinator manages many internal research activities, such as:
- Project and grant applications submitted to the RKTC.
- Ara's research fund.
- Development of resources to support research activities and staff.
- Annual showcase of staff research.
As well as managing external grant contracts.
The Manager of Research is a member of each Research Committee.