Work at Ara
- Current Vacancies
- Employment agreements
- Expression of Interest - Trades tutors
- Frequently asked questions
Health and safety
- Accident report form
- First Aid facilities
- Accident and incident reporting
- Earthquake Building Assessments
- Contractor information
- Casual staff
- How to apply
- The selection process
- Why work at Ara?
- Governance and management
- Campus maps
- Campus Master Plan
- Ara Foundation
- New organisation
Before an alarm sounds
Familiarise yourself with the following:
- The position of the local fire alarm call points.
- The position of fire extinguishers and hose reels in the building. Have a close look at the equipment and know how to operate it.
- The location of the fire evacuation points
- Make sure all exit ways are kept clear at all times.
- Ensure that smoke stop doors are not wedged open.
- Report to the Building Warden (will be wearing a dayglo jacket) at the fire panel. Detail any hazards the Emergency Services may face, ie dangerous goods, chemicals.
- Hot Work Permits must be obtained from the property supervisor before commencement of hot work.
- Isolation of fire detection systems may be necessary before work involving heat, smoke, steam, engine exhaust or dust is commenced. A minimum of 24 hours notice is required unless otherwise agreed.
- Ara will seek costs where a false alarm is triggered by a contractor not following these procedures.