Work at Ara
- Current Vacancies
- Employment agreements
- Expression of Interest - Trades tutors
- Expression of Interest - Business
- Frequently asked questions
Health and safety
- First Aid facilities
- Accident and incident reporting
- Earthquake Building Assessments
- Health and safety policy and commitment
- Legal and good work practice compliance
- Contractor responsibilities
- Emergency procedures
- First aid responsibilities
- Accident procedures
- Fire safety procedures
- Evacuation procedures
- Smokefree environment
- Contractors confirmation of understanding
- Asbestos management
- Casual staff
- How to apply
- The selection process
- Why work at Ara?
- Governance and management
- Campus maps
- Campus Master Plan
- Ara Foundation
- The establishment of Ara 2016
Emergency contacts and procedures
To contact emergency services:
During office hours
City and Woolston Campuses
Dial 9999 and advise the nature of the emergency
Advise the Health and Safety Manager as soon as practicable on 3 940 8370 or 027 540 8370.
Dial 1-111 and advise the nature of the emergency.
Advise the Health and Safety Manager as soon as practicable.
Outside office hours:
Ring 1-111 and advise the nature of the emergency.
To Contact duty security or custodians, phone 03 940 8076 (24 hours)
The 9999 number rings on a dedicated emergency phone in the call center office and will receive priority response during normal office hours. In the unlikely event of no response, it will automatically divert to 111.
Ringing 9999 has the advantage of allowing the caller to move away from a dangerous situation or to give assistance without being tied to the phone. The call center may be able to arrange additional assistance from within Ara while waiting for emergency services to arrive.