Collective employment agreements
When you work at Ara, depending on your role, you are likely to be employed under the terms and conditions of one of the following collective agreements.
- Allied Staff (TIASA) - Collective Employment Agreement 1 July 2016/30 June 2018 (PDF: 0.4MB).
- Tertiary Education Union (TEU) - Collective Employment Agreement 1 April 2016/ 31 March 2018 (PDF: 0.3MB).
- The Association of Academic Staff at CPIT (AASC) - Collective Employment Agreement 2 October 2014 - 1 October 2016 (PDF: 0.5MB)
- Childcare Centre Teachers/Kaiako – Collective Employment Agreement 1 April 2016/31March 2018 (PDF: 0.2MB).
- Custodians - Collective Employment Agreement 21 Mar 2015/20 Mar 2017 (PDF: 0.1MB).
- Cleaners Allied (Southern Campuses) - Collective Employment Agreement 1 July 2016 - 30 June 2018 (PDF: 0.3MB)
Under New Zealand law you must be a union member to be covered by a collective employment agreement.
Individual employment agreements
If the work you perform is not covered by a collective agreement, or you have chosen not to join a union, you will be employed on an individual agreement.
The terms and conditions of employment are, in general, similar to the relevant collective that covers the work being undertaken by union members doing similar work, but there will some differences.